Tuesday, January 29, 2008

cleaning and crafting



Here's some pictures of my "House Blessing Journal". (Flylady calls it her "Control Journal") I am still "flying"! I made this journal last night, and it has already been a big help, organizationally speaking. I made sections titled "Morning Routine", "Before Bed Routine", "Weekly Routines", "Monthly Routines", and "Inspirational" (for prayers, quiet time stuff, revelations, quotes, etc). It's been really helpful to me as far as keeping track of what I need to get done each day. Check out http://www.flylady.net/ for more information.


And here's the product of my latest crafting endeavor! I took two tshirts that didn't fit right and made them into a pretty cool bag! The front is a pale pink cotton with the word "Flower" across the front that has some tiny sparkly beaded embellishments on it. The lining is a plain grey cotton. It has a long strap that goes across your chest so you have both your hands and arms free! And the best part is - it's reversible! And, it only took me one night to do! Not hard at all. This bag would be perfect for a little tote to carry around doing your errands or even as a reusable bag to put your groceries in for a little stop at the grocery store. I love creating new things out of stuff I just have lying around in my house that isn't being used.
In the words of Bob the Builder, "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!"

3 comments:

  1. Corina9:31 AM

    wooooow, lora, i'm realy surprised about that bag - it's awesome!!! i remember when you got that shirt, and you said maybe you could use it for a bag. back then i couldn't imagine how you could make a bag out of this - but here you go :-) i'm so excited about that gift that you have, to make something new of EVERY old thing!!! i bet, if there would be a "creative recycle contest", you would win it :-)

    love y'all, corina

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so amazing, lora! you amaze me more every day!

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane5:24 PM

    Wow, Lora...what a pretty bag ! ! It seems I am seeing more and more fabric bags in stores now. The notebook is a great idea! When you get to my age, if you don't write it down, it doesn't get done :(
    If Corina reads this...did I translate correctly ?..I love and miss you ??? Wir liebe und vermisse euch auch!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin