Tuesday, December 4, 2007

festival of lights


Tonight was the first night of Hanukkah. As most of you know, we celebrate the Jewish holidays. They are so rich in meaning and prophetic significance - everything points to Jesus! Here's a picture of the boys dancing as we were all singing "Here I am to Worship", a great worship song. We had just lit the first candle (that was in the beautiful silver menorah that my dad sent us - thank you so much, Dad!). I love my boys in this picture - totally free in their expression of joy and love to God. We had a great meal of potato pancakes (latkes), jelly donuts (soufganioth), apple/walnut/honey relish (haroset) with matzo crackers, lemon chicken, etc... It was delicious!
I'll write more about our week as we continue on. In this great holiday, the Festival of Lights, I am reminded more and more that Jesus is our Light - and that Light pierces all darkness!!! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. Lora! Remember me? (Jen Rose-now Gordon?) I happened to see your blog linked off Jen's blog.

    How are you?

    My blog is jenrosegordon.blogspot.com

    or jen@jengordon.com

    You're family is beautiful! I'd love to hear how you are!

    jen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin