Tuesday, November 6, 2007

it's the first step that's the hardest


I made this purse for my friend Jeanette this weekend for her 30th birthday. I love it! I copied the style from a friend's purse that she had. It has three fabrics on it- an olive green cordouroy, a patterned fabric with greens, greys and off whites, and a linen-like oatmeal fabric for the lining. The straps were made of the cordouroy and I zig-zag stitched them. It was the first time that I've used that stitch and I really like it!

I am learning a lot about God through my recent crafting projects. Most of the time, I've found that things aren't as hard as they seem once you start. It's the starting that's the hard part. Same with venturing out with God in your faith. Sometimes we just have to take that first step, whether it's praying for healing for someone that is sick, playing in a band when you feel underqualified, or just being a Godly mom to your kids. If we take that first step in faith, God will meet us and enable us to do far more than we ever think we can do! His power is made perfect in our weakness!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin