Thursday, November 8, 2007

His banner over me is love



I just made this banner/wall hanging the other day to hang on the high wall over the stairs. I get to look at it every time I come down the stairs. It wasn't nearly as hard to make as I thought it would be. I used pretty floral and dark green squares for the border, deep rose/red floral for the cross border, and gold for the cross. To me, all the fabrics symbolize something spiritual (that's just how I like to do things, I guess...)

gold - purity, glory, beauty
red - the blood of Jesus that forgives our sins
green and floral - new life in Christ

I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I may straighten up the bottom edge if I have the time. It is a little slanted. Other than that, I am pleased. It is a great use of the empty wall space. And it reminds me of the sacrifice Jesus made for me every time I use my stairs!

I've got a little prayer request. I am going to be part of band this weekend that is leading worship for the ladies at my church. They are hosting a women's retreat. We will be playing Saturday morning around 9:30a. I am playing guitar and singing. We are even doing two of the songs I've written! I am excited! And nervous... It's been awhile since I've done this. But I know God is with me and leading me. Just pray that He will touch the ladies and bring His presence in a powerful way. Thank you so much!

3 comments:

  1. What a great project. You just never cease to amaze me with your crafts. I have no idea how you find the time, but you do and your projects are beautiful. What a wonderful reminder that by Christ's wounds we are healed!

    I will be sure to specifically pray for you and the women who will be with you at 9:30 on Saturday morning. I didn't know you were a musician. You are so gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:18 PM

    The banner is gorgeous. I'm so proud of you. You know I'll be praying this weekend. God has opened this door of service, and He will enable you.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen it in person. AMAZING! AND I heard Lora sing and play her guitar today. I can say I knew her before she was famous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin