Friday, November 9, 2007

five things i love friday


1. homemade apple pie (here's a picture of the one I made last night - yummy!) see below for the recipe
2. watching the leaves fall off the trees in my backyard - it's like they are dancing!
3. the smell of a fire in my fireplace - i just love the fall!
4. the way Jesus constantly reminds me of His love and acceptance of me - just as I am! Thank you, Lord!
5. my cute husband - This morning, I woke up and found him reading to the boys on the floor of their room, all tucked in under a Thomas the Train comforter! How precious is that?!

Yummy Apple Pie

2 prepared 8 in pastry shells
6 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp ground cinammon
2 TBSP all purpose flour
3 TBSP butter (i used margarine and it came out fine)

Preheat oven to 350 F
Place sliced apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinammon, and flour. Stir well and pour mixture over apples. Cut 1/2 of butter into small pieces and add to apples. Toss apples until thoroughly coated.
Pour apples into pastry lined pan. Dot apples with the rest of the butter. Place second pastry on top. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes until crust is golden brown.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:53 PM

    got any more!?? -(just kidding..)

    susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. this pie was scrumptous. yeah, i'm gonna need more too. and i'm NOT kidding. ok, just kidding. no really though...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin