Sunday, October 28, 2007

big quilt




I just finished my biggest sewing project yet! I made a king size quilt bedcover for a friend's birthday. Her husband asked me to make it for her. I backed it with a king size flannel sheet. It turned out pretty cool, I think. I used mostly vintage fabrics. There are four different squares - a deep burgundy, navy, white and light blue ticking, and a blue and white paisley. It looks sort of "shabby chic". I hope she likes it! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - just time consuming! I think I want to make them for all my beds in my house now. Handmade quilts really add a certain charm and sweetness to a house.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE it! maybe i'll pay you to make one for me. it looks great, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I cannot believe you can find the time to quilt with 3 little ones. I have yet to do a big quilt. It seems much more intimidating for some reason. You make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin