Friday, August 17, 2007

nail in my foot

Yesterday, I stepped on a rusty old nail in my backyard. It went into my foot and I couldn't pull it out. Crazy... I learned a few lessons in the process.
1. Wear shoes outside.
2. Never underestimate the power of kindness
3. Thank God daily for your neighbors!

I hopped across the street to my neighbors, Mike and Dee, for help. I don't really know them very well, but I was desperate. They were amazing! They helped me so much! They sent their girls over to my house to watch the kids and then Dee drove me over to Urgent Care. My sweet hubby met me there and helped me through the xrays, shots and procedure to get it out. My other sweet friend Susanna watched my boys while I was there and even gave me some over her frozen breast milk! Since I had to have a tetanus shot, I had to "pump and dump" for 12 hours. That's what I call sacrificial friendship! Haha! I am so thankful to live in such a wonderful, caring neighborhood where neighbors go above and beyond the call of duty. Thank You, Lord, for using this incident to remind me to be a caring neighbor and help me to get to know my neighbors better.

My husband took a picture of my foot at the doctor's, but I don't think this is a picture y'all want to see!

Have a blessed weekend. My parents are coming and I am so excited!

1 comment:

  1. did you mean kirk and dee? haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin