Sunday, June 3, 2007

the pixie principle

God's been teaching me a lot about beauty the past few days. I have been struggling with feeling "ugly" lately. It's hard to not feel that way when your body is post-baby. My hair had grown out some and didn't have much style and I can't wear any of my clothes. I know that I should be thankful just to be alive and to have my precious Ruth, but I have really been struggling lately. Anyway, I was giving the boys a bath Friday night and was feeling sorry for myself while I was looking at myself in the mirror. I was especially upset about my hair. Then, before I knew it, I was cutting my own hair! Crazy, I know. I ruined my hair. It was awful! I put the boys to bed in tears and went downstairs with the baby. My sweet neighbors prayed over me and reminded me that I am beautiful in the eyes of the Lord. I am created in His image! I am the apple of His eye! How quickly we as Christians forget our identity in Christ. The enemy tries to make us forget who we are in Jesus so we are trapped in the lies that we are ugly and not worth much. That way, we are totally paralyzed and useless and ineffective in the Kingdom.

I had my hair "fixed" yesterday. It is now in a super-short pixie haircut. It's fine, but my hair is pretty much all gone. I have been grieving a little bit, but the haircut is growing on me. It's definitely low-maintenance! haha... This whole experience has reminded me that my beauty does not come from my outward appearance, but from my heart. That is truly what God sees when He looks at me. Help me, Lord, to see myself as You see me!

"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31

5 comments:

  1. Kerri2:51 PM

    Well - you are doing the right thing. You are replacing those lies that you started believing about yourself with God's truth. Repeating these (and other) segments of scripture will draw you out of that dark place and into the light of the Lord. He DOES find you beautiful - and remember that so does your husband. Praise the Lord that He's given you someone that loves you so - and that tells you he finds you beautiful not only in spirit but in the physical realm. Lora - you are lovely inside and out!
    And try not to be too hard on yourself - you just helped bring a little miracle into the world - that's no small task! Give yourself some time - let those hormones balance out again. Everything is going to be ok - not just ok - great! I'm praying for you...
    Love, Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Like a lily among thorns is my darling among maidens...He has taken me to the banquet hall, and his banner over me is love! How beautiful you are, my darling! oh, how beautiful! You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of you eyes. ~Song of Songs

    You are His. Satan is a liar and a thief. Night and day he accuses us before the Father with lies. HOWEVER, night and day, Jesus is rejoicing over you. Zephaniah 3:17 says, "The LORD your God is with you, he is might to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." When God looks at you, He is filled with desire and love! The Creator, Your Savior, Your Father, Your Bridegroom is RAVISHED over you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:32 AM

    Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the maidens. He has taken me to he banquet hall, and his banner over me is love! How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! ~Song of Songs

    You are His! Satan is a liar and a thief. Day and night he accuses us before the father, yet day and night JESUS is rejoicing over us with love! Zephaniah 3:17 says, "The Lord your God is with you, he will quiet you with his lvoe, he will rejoice over you with singing!" You are beautiful to Him. God of the universe, the Uncreated One is RAVISHED by your beauty! Songs 4:9 says, "You have ravished my heart with one glance of your eyes". That's what the Father says about you! Just one glance of your eyes, He is ravished! You are more beautiful to Him than the oceans, more beautiful than the stars in the sky! Rest in his love, Beloved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. susanna11:32 PM

    you are such an encourager, even when you need it the most! how i admire you lora!! and you are lovely at that!! i love your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it looks like the hair didn't turn out so bad from other's comments! I can relate to the hair issue. I'm trying to grow mine out and boy is it looking rough! Good thing it's such an insignificant issue :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin