Tuesday, June 19, 2007

longings

The Lord really touched me in a special way this weekend. ZHOP (Zadok House of Prayer) had a women's conference with Julie Meyer. It was called "Longings". My sweet hubby said we could get a sitter for the night sessions while he was at work and he watched the boys during the day session. So I was able to go to most of the conference with Ruth. (She did great, by the way - what a little angel!) Saturday night was the best session for me. I went in feeling discouraged and far from God. During worship, they had a prayer time for those that want more passion for the Lord. Several girls circled around me and prayed over me. It was so awesome. I felt God's presence so strongly. Two of the girls had words for me that were so encouraging. Basically, the Lord just wanted to remind me that I am right where I need to be. He is pleased with me as a wife and a mother. He is going to put a new song in my mouth and my time in the wilderness is coming to an end. One girl had this verse to encourage me:

"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come."
Song of Solomon 2:10-11

I just sat there and wept before the Lord. As the worship continued going on around me, I sat and just let the love of Jesus flood over me. This chorus was being sung as I let His love pour into me and as I poured my love for Him back to Him.

"Oh, let me say, oh, let me say that I am lovesick
No other lover's destined for my heart,
Oh, let me say, oh, let me say that I am lovesick
You're the One!"

Then, the message was after that. Julie Meyer spoke on meeting God in mundane of life. As stay at home moms, we are surrounded by the mundane. She wanted to encourage us that that is where God loves to speak and show up. As we are changing diapers, cooking dinner, or even scooping up kitty litter (her example!), God wants to visit us and give us powerful encounters with Him! He loves to come in power in these places and show us His love and desire for us. She said that when we are crying out to Him, saying, "My life is a mess!", He is crying out to us, saying, "I love the way you love me. I love how you acknowledge me and seek me and love me in your everyday activities. I love how you love me through serving your husband and children - in the times when no one is looking. I am watching you always and I see what others don't see."

Thank you, Lord, that you see me when I think no one does. You appreciate me and love me and embrace me just the way I am. You give me grace to make it each day. You have created me to be a wife and mother, and that is a very important calling! You can satisfy ALL the longings in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. What a great word! An encouragment for all us SAHM's to press on even in the mundane. I found your blog through Jim and Kristi's. Glad to see your little one finally arrived. Hope you all are doing well. We are doing ok. Jeremy has a contract position we are hoping to turn into full time in August - fingers crossed. Just thought I'd say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not relate more. Thanks for putting it all into words!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin