Sunday, June 10, 2007

grace for each new day

Today was a good day. Some sweet friends threw me a baby shower for Ruth. It was so wonderful! I was so blessed by the outpouring of love, gifts and most of all, prayer. As they gathered around me and prayed, I was overwhelmed with the goodness and faithfulness of God. Ten months ago, I sat in my new house crying out to God for friends. And this afternoon, I sat in that same spot in my house surrounded by fifteen friends and sisters in the Lord! He is faithful and close to the broken hearted - He hears our cries and reaches out His hand to rescue us from our despair and confusion.

During our prayer time, the Lord encouraged me through several of the girls' prayers that there is grace for me during this difficult time of caring for three children. Isaiah 41 says "The Lord gently leads those who are with young." That is so encouraging! He understands all that is before me each day and is gracious to me. He knows what challenges I face each day and is there to help me through it all. He is kind and compassionate, slow to anger, abounding in love! Praise be to God!

So, for all you mothers of small children out there, God is with you. He is extending His arm of grace to you today. He will not give you more than you can bear (in His strength). His mercies are new every morning. He has given you your children as precious gifts. Thank Him today for your kids. Recognize the awesome blessing that they are (no matter how much they get on your nerves at times - haha). Children are a reward! Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them!

To all my friends - thank you for loving me and praying for me and encouraging me! It means so much!

God bless you!

Current crafts: Purse made out of a great vintage light blue patterned fabric with a sage green suede-like fabric for the lining, two beaded necklaces with "Believe" and "Hope" silver charms, silver beaded earrings, beaded keychain on black cord

Crafts I want to start soon: Apron (Jenn- if you're reading this, it's for you!), Purses and/or tote bags made out of some great pillowcases I got at a garage sale yesterday, Little apron dress for Ruth made out of some pink and white gingham I got at another garage sale a couple months ago) - So many crafts, so little time!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the encouragement. I am easily discouraged at how I am doing as a mom and wife and need to be reminded where my comfort lies.

    I'm so glad the Lord has brought so many friends into your life. They are such a blessing!

    Good for you on your crafts. I am so far behind on mine and want to get back into it but just seem like there are so many other pressing issues. You once again have given me the encouragement to craft away!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin