Saturday, May 5, 2007

It's all about You, Jesus

Well, I am three days overdue now. I never thought I would go late with this baby! Just goes to show that God is really in control of all of this and His timing is best. I am trying to trust Him and not be selfish in my prayers. It's so hard when you are at this stage to not dwell on your own circumstances. It really is all-consuming. In my quiet time today, I confessed to the Lord the fact that I have been totally consumed with myself and my own desires. I do want what He wants. I do want to take my focus off myself and see the big picture. I am minute by minute trying to give over my own wants and surrender to His.
The chorus of a certain worship song has been my anthem the past few days:

"It's all about You, Jesus
and all this is for You, for Your glory and your fame
It's not about me, as if You should do things my way
You alone are God, and I surrender to Your ways."

That's it for now. I will post again soon with more baby news...

Thanks to all of you out there that read my blog and are lifting me up in prayer. I really appreciate it!

Lora

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:02 PM

    I love that song!!!

    ... it is so hard not to focus on 'when the baby is going to be here' when you are 3 days overdue (and soooo miserable!!!). Chloe (my firstborn) was 10 days overdue... the rest have been early (but not by my choice).

    I know the wait is hard, but that precious one is here, it will all be forgotten! You are almost there!

    Blessings and Prayers,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 10 or so days overdue with my baby, and looking back on it, it all went by so fast. I loved being pregnant! Once you're holding your little one, it will be all the more enjoyable, because the wait was just a little bit longer :) I am praying for your comfort and peace during this uncertain time. Our God is a God of pefect timing, don't forget that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am sure praying that no news is GOOD NEWS!!! I bet you're at the hospital right now with your sweet baby in your arms :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin