Tuesday, April 24, 2007

quilts






Hi everyone
Here's pictures of the baby quilts I just recently finished for the new baby. I ordered 12 6 in square quilt pieces off etsy.com for the girl one. I just love the vintage looking floral prints! I used the pink solid on the back. I cut up two pillowcases I got for a dollar at the dollar store for the boy one. The yellow solid was just a remnant I had in my stash. The back of the boy quilt is larger rectangles of the blue patterned fabrics and the yellow. I didn't put batting in the middle. They are going to be good for a play mat on the floor, or a light covering for the baby this summer, or a blanket to put over the baby when I am nursing. I am happy with how they turned out, especially considering this was my first attempt at making a quilt. It was a lot of fun.

I am doing okay today. Not feeling great. Every day, I wake up thinking, "Maybe today's the day!" I sure hope so. I have been having contractions and cramping this afternoon. Maybe I'll take the boys for a walk outside. I am just so ready to have this baby and meet him or her!

6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! You did such a good job. What an accomplishment so late in the game! And these were your first quilts, go Lora! I pray you get some rest before the big day, whenever that will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:55 AM

    Hang in there Lora! You're doing a great job waiting! It was so nice to see you! Thanks for letting Maddie play with your boys before such a long trip home. She went to sleep after asking me for 1 HOUR about how the baby got in your tummy. Hysterical, she is convinced that you swallow babies and that there's a night light in there (because it's dark, obviously). She
    like the fact that you get to swim the whole time too. She was literally so sad when I told her she was too big to go back in mommie's tummy. She now wants to become a baby again so she'll fit. Goodness, maybe there's a book out there to explain the birds and bees to toddlers! =)

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lora! Thanks for letting me know what you did with the fabrics I sent. I'm thinking of starting a flickr group of photos of projects my customers have made. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, I am impressed....and to think you started sewing so recently!! I do not know how you do all that you do with two little ones and another any day now and making quilts....WOW !! Love, Your M-I-L

    ReplyDelete
  5. susanna9:11 PM

    i love the fabric you used for the boy/blue quilt! i love your creativity!! you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome.. Of course you know, I LOVVVE the pink one.. but I think either way you will get a lot of use out of both! Who says you can't cover a nursing boy with a pink quilt and be a stylish pink momma? I'm prayin' for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin