Sunday, March 4, 2007

You are the new day

I woke up at 6:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I've got so much on my mind. The new baby is due in less than two months. So much to do, so little time. I can hear my boys playing upstairs in their room. You know, there is something really awesome in how children wake up every morning happy and full of life and ready to start their day. They don't worry about all that needs to be done. They don't get weighed down by regret from yesterday or fear for tomorrow. They begin each day as if it was their first. I hope that I can learn that lesson from them. May I start each day with a renewed sense of wonder and excitement, just waiting to see what God has in store for me. I am confident that He has surprises waiting out there for me, blessings to be received and joy to be discovered.
I am reminded of a line in a sacred song I used to sing in Chorale in college.
"You are the new day"
Isn't that an awesome way to describe our Lord? He is the new day, brimming with opportunities, hope, possibilities, and excitement. We can begin again each new morning with His awesomee grace.
Thank you, Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Lora, What a message this was ! I am reminded of a favorite poem called "I AM"....you might be familiar with it..a few of the verses: "I was regretting the past and fearing the future. Suddenly my Lord was speaking: "My name is I
    AM" He paused. I waited. He continued, "When you live in the past with its mistakes and regrets, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not I WAS. When you live in the future, With its problems and fears, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not I WILL BE. When you live in this moment, it is not hard. I am here, My name is I AM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:03 AM

    Lora, your thoughts here reminded me so much of a favorite poem by Helen Mallicoat: I AM....I was regretting the past & fearing the future. Suddenly my Lord was speaking: "My name is I AM" He paused. I waited. He continued, "When you live in the past with its mistakes & regrets, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not I WAS. When you live in the future, with its problems & fears, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not I WILL BE. When you live in this moment It is not hard. I am here, My name is I AM...Bless you....Diane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin