Wednesday, February 7, 2007

TV and sewing

I've given up watching TV. We don't even have cable, but I found myself crashing on the couch every night after I put the boys down for bed. I'd watch whatever was on the 7 or so channels I could pick up until I got tired and then I went to bed. Not very spiritually uplifting. I wish I could just watch a clean show every now and then, but I just can't. It's all or nothing with me when it comes to TV. I don't have a lot of self-discipline in this area of my life. So, it's no more TV for me! It's been about 3 weeks so far. It's going pretty well, but tonight I am struggling with the temptation to turn it on. But I'm not gonna!!!

On a crafting note, I've taken up sewing! I love it! A new friend down the street from me showed me how to use the wonderful machine that my mom gave me a few months ago. So far, I've made several tote bags, a purse, two coinpurses, a bib, two burp cloths, and two sets of curtains. It's awesome! The Wal-Mart down the road from me is discontinuing their fabric section and all of their fabric was marked way down - like 50 cents or a dollar a yard. I got some really great bits of fabric for super cheap.

I am really excited about the toddler tote bags I am making. I made one for each of my boys - one in VeggieTales fabric and one in construction zone fabric. They are just their size and are lined in solid red with red straps. I ironed on my youngest son's name on his with iron on letters. These are great to take to the nursery at church so they have a few diapers and a sippy cup with them in their class. My oldest likes to take his to the library to put his books in it. These bags were so easy to make and take very little fabric. I am going to be making lots of these for baby shower and birthday gifts!

Have a blessed night! It's almost the weekend. Hope you feel the Father's delight in you today - He loves you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin