Thursday, December 28, 2006

heart's cry

I've been reading an amazing book. It is called "Christ and His Bride: An Exposition of the Song of Solomon". I am going through this book with some other women here in my neighborhood. I read something last night that really touched me. It was a description of the bride (who represents the Bride of Christ, us!).

"Her heart's cry and prayer are that her Lord will draw her aside unto Himself in greater separation; that He will lay hold upon her by His mighty power, and draw her until with ever-increasing speed, she runs after Him, and runs clinging to Him."
-Cora Harris MacIlravy (written in 1916)

Think about that today as you go about your day. Most of us women spend our days doing "menial" tasks, like changing diapers and cleaning the kitchen, but I am convinced that we can rise above and worship our Lord through it all. Let's be like that bride and long for greater intimacy and desperation with our Bridegroom, Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great book! I will have to look for it the next time I am at the library (or browsing CBD). Thank you for sharing

    Have a blessed evening,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin