Tuesday, August 1, 2006

let God act with the most perfect freedom

"Faith is willing to let God act with the most perfect freedom, knowing that we belong to Him and are to be concerned only about being faithful in that which He has given us to do for the moment." ~Fenelon (from the seventeenth century)

That quote really spoke to me today. We have not received an offer yet on our house. I have been battling being patient and trusting during this whole process. As I read this quote during my quiet time with the Lord today, I realized that having faith in God is not always a big monumental thing - sometimes, it's found in the everyday, little events of life. God wants me to be faithful to Him and put my trust in him in each moment that I find myself in. I must allow God the freedom to move about in my life and in my circumstances. I must give Him free reign!

On a crafting note, I made several cards and bookmarks tonight to keep my hands and mind busy so I wouldn't worry and dwell on all this house stuff. It's amazing how much just being fruitful with my hands helped my mind to calm down. Most of the cards and bookmarks I made had Bible verses on them, so I was also able to get a little bit of the Word in me as well. That always helps!

Whatever you're going through that's difficult, try to surrender it to God "for the moment", like Fenelon writes. Lift up your concerns to the Lord and pray that you might be faithful to Him in the situation He has placed you in. I heard the other day in a sermon that a problem is actually an opportunity to serve and love God. So, let's try together to shift our perspectives!

Have a great rest of the week!

Current crafts: Cards with stickers and cardstock embellishment, bookmarks with cardstock, stickers, rubber stamps and yarn embellishment

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin