Monday, July 3, 2006

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam

It is hot! I am sitting here at my computer in what I affectionately call "the big room" (it used to be a carport before we lived here. The former owner enclosed it, but it has no air conditioning - just a ceiling fan) Needless to say, I am sweating! It was about 100 degrees outside today. This time last year, I was about 9 months pregnant. Our air conditioner went out in our house and I had to wait about a month for the new unit to arrive. Talk about HOT!! We are so blessed here in America to live with air conditioning. I don't know how other women live without it in other countries. So let's just take a moment and thank God for small blessings - like air conditioning!!

I started Weight Watchers three weeks ago to lose that last 15 pounds of baby weight. They have a plan for nursing mothers that's really good. So far, I've lost about 4 pounds. I am pretty excited. I fit into a pair of jeans today that I haven't been able to wear in a really long time. That feels pretty good. The only down side to all this is that I am pretty much always hungry. I could eat all day long! Hopefully, I can use more self control when it comes to my eating habits. It's so hard sometimes to really glorify God in my eating. I know that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, but sometimes I forget that and dive into a Dairy Queen blizzard at 9 pm. Oh God, help me!!! :)

I have been making loads of beaded earrings lately. I made about 5 pairs this morning. I am mostly using those vintage beads my hubby found for me last month at an estate sale. I love them! I hope I can find some more vintage beads like that soon. They are so much better than the ones I've bought at Wal-Mart! They don't make beads like they used to!

I got to encourage another stay at home mom today about making things with her hands. I think she is going to start making jewelry and sewing. You know, as moms with small children, it's so easy to go on auto-pilot and just pop in videos all day long or watch TV. What's hard is really being constructive with our time - making things for others, reading a book, praying, writing a letter to a hurting friend, or most important of all - getting down on the floor and really engaging with our children in a game or conversation. Help us, Lord, to make the most of our waking hours. We want to glorify you in all we do and say!

In the words of one of my toddler's favorite bedtime songs,

"Jesus wants me for a sunbeam to shine for Him each day
In every way, try to please him at home, at school, and play
A sunbeam, a sunbeam, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
A sunbeam, a sunbeam, I'll be a sunbeam for Him!"

Current crafts: beaded earrings

1 comment:

  1. We have one of those little books that sings this song in such a high key I sound completely ridiculous. Good new is, my kids don't care.

    I don't know how I got to your blog, but I do understand the food thing. I could eat all day and still not feel very full by evening. I don't of course, but I would LOVE to.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin