Thursday, July 20, 2006

God is in control

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light." ~Colossians 1:10-12

Oh, God, may that passage true in my everyday life! I want to live a life WORTHY of the Lord - I want to please Him in EVERY WAY! Give me grace to lean on You, for it is only in doing that that I can ever come close to accomplishing living like those verses describe.

I have been struggling a lot lately the past few days with patience and trust in the Lord, regarding the sale of our house. We haven't got any calls yet from potential buyers. I have had to fight off discouragement. I know (and my hubby keeps reminding me) that God has the person/family already picked out that are going to buy our house. They just don't know it yet.

God is in control. I've got to remember that!

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." ~Proverbs 16:





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin