Saturday, June 24, 2006

why so downcast, oh my soul?

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." ~Psalm 42:11

I have had a rough couple of days. I wasn't going to write an entry because I have been so down lately, but I reconsidered. Maybe sharing a little of my struggles will help someone else. I have been feeling so overwhelmed lately! We have so much to do with getting our house ready to sell and not enough time. My toddler has been throwing more tantrums than ever. I have been so emotional lately! And I have felt distant from God. This verse is an encouragement to me right now. I know that I need to praise God in the midst of my sadness, in the midst of my confusion, in the midst of my feelings of inadequacy. He is there with me, filling me up with more grace for the journey. I am praying for a renewed sense of peace and trust in the middle of my crazy circumstances.

In Walmart today, I heard a toddler screaming really loudly in the next checkout line. As I was leaving, I went over to his mom and just said, "I understand." It's hard and pretty embarrassing when your little one throws a fit in a public place. She said to me, "He's mute, and this the only way he can communicate." I was blown away. That little exchange left me thinking about how much I have to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband that loves me, two adorable children, a family that is always there to support me, and a great handful of sweet friends. Not only that, I have a Savior who is passionately in love with me and constantly pursues a deeper relationship with me. Help me, Lord, to keep it all in perspective!

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." ~Psalm 42:11

Current craft: the last bit of those bookmarks (I made 45)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:18 AM

    Just wanted to you to know that I enjoy your honesty and I am praying for all things- be strong. -a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog :) I've added you to my blogroll :)

    I too know the feeling of being overwhelmed, but I have to put it all in God's hands and let it go. Letting go is just sooooo hard isn't it?

    Hope you have a better day,
    God bless,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin