Friday, June 9, 2006

tea with mom


I had a busy day today. In between taking care of my little munchkins, I made several pieces of jewelry. I made a really pretty bracelet and earrings set of vintage silver ball beads and black seed beads as a gift for someone. I also made three pair of earrings for another person using more vintage beads: one with silver and black beads, one with aqua swirled beads (similar to the ones pictured) and silver beads, and one with vintage tear shaped pearl beads. I really enjoy making jewelry as gifts. So fun! I hope they like the jewelry as much as I liked making it for them.
I also made a beautiful orange beaded bracelet for my mom. The beads remind me of Jolly Ranchers or some kind of candy like that. So pretty. She really liked it. I surprised her today and took her to a little tea shop. We had delicious hot tea and scones with lemon curd and some kind of yummy whipped cream spread. It was such a fun time with her. There is something really peaceful about having tea. I felt so relaxed and at peace. I also just love being a woman and being able to share with my mom about life's struggles, joys, and finding God in our roles are wives and mothers. I am so thankful for our relationship and friendship.

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." ~Proverbs 31:28

Current crafts: Lots of beaded jewelry, Crocheted baby blanket (it's taking me way longer than I thought it would!)

1 comment:

  1. I praise God for a daughter like you. You give me nothing but joy. When I think of you leaving for SC, I have a twinge of pain. Then I realize once again that you, your husband, and your children are in our Lord's hands. He has a precious reason for sending you on this great adventure.
    I loved the tea, too. What fun! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin