Monday, June 12, 2006

pretty in pink


I made a bracelet and earrings set for my mom today to match a new outfit she just bought. The set features really pretty large pink glass beads in different shapes. The bracelet has three large beads (one oval, one triangle, and one square shaped) surrounded by tiny light pink and fuschia seed beads and larger light pink seed beads. I made matching earrings using two tiny seed beads atop one large oval glass bead. I am really pleased with the how the set turned out. I also love the colors. Pink is one of my new favorites. There's something so innocent and feminine about it. My new eyeglasses are even pink! I never would have thought I'd like pink so much. Ten years ago, my favorite color was black. Funny how our tastes change...

I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys."~ Song of Solomon 2:1

I have GOT to finish this crocheted baby blanket I am working on! I should have mailed it out last week. The baby is due in a couple of weeks. As soon as I finish my time on the computer tonight, I am going to sit down and try to finish the last little bit. I love to crochet, but sometimes, it just goes so slow. With jewelry, you see results a lot quicker.
I made a cute little bookmark this morning. I used a rubber stamp of a rose that I got at a garage sale last month for like 25 cents. The rose was at the top of the bookmark and I stamped a simple "Blessings" in black ink at the bottom. I colored the rose with a little red ink and then punched a hole at the top and tied a little tassle with yarn. It turned out pretty cute, I think.

Verse of the day: "Now to Him who is able to do IMMEASURABLY MORE than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us." ~ Ephesians 3:20

Current crafts: Bracelet, two pairs of earrings, blanket, bookmark


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin