Wednesday, June 14, 2006

i am finally finished!

Yeah! I finally finished the baby blanket I've been crocheting! I worked on it until after midnight last night. It is approximately 30 inches square in a half double crochet pattern. I wish I could post a picture, but my husband has the camera with him today. It turned out really pretty. The color is a nice shade of cream - a good color for a baby blanket, I think. My friend doesn't know if she is having a boy or a girl, so this will work for either. I am so glad its done. It has been hanging over my head for the last few weeks. I washed it last night and it is still drying now. I've got to pack it up, as well as some jewelry, and ship them all out today. I enjoy wrapping gifts. It's fun!
A friend came over yesterday to have me make her some earrings. She could not find earrings to match three necklaces that she'd bought recently, so we looked at my beads together and found some great ones that match her new necklaces. I am so happy that I was able to help her. I love that part of making jewelry.
I have been in a cleaning mode these past few days. Over the past three days, I've decluttered and overhauled my bedroom (I took out a chair and moved some furniture around, and it looks so much bigger now!), I've reorganized and cleaned out a closet, vacuumed, put up a ton of clean clothes, put shelf paper under a bathroom sink, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the toilets, and the biggie - I spent an hour cleaning my tub! (Before you ask, "How did you have time for all of this?") My mom came over both days and helped me with the kids for a few hours while I cleaned. That was a big help! I've been trying to get the house "ship shape" before we sell it. It looks better than its ever looked since the 5 1/2 years we've been there! It feels so good to have the house so nice.
As I was cleaning the house yesterday, I was praying for the family that will buy our house. I know that God already has them picked out. I prayed that this house would be as much of a blessing to them as it has been to us. It may be a small, older house, but it holds so many wonderful memories! I hope and pray that whoever comes after us will have as many memories and sweet times together as we have! After all, that's what "home" is all about.

"Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. " ~ Psalm 127:1a

Current crafts: Four pairs of earrings, Crocheted baby blanket, Cards for my hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin