Sunday, June 11, 2006

cute as a button


(This post is what I would have written yesterday if I had time!)

I tried a new craft. I made two button rings. They were so easy and turned out really cute. I recently got a bunch of vintage buttons from my husband's grandmother. I picked out two buttons that were unusual and pretty and flat on the backside and superglued each one on a silver plated ring form. They are really different and retro looking. I am keeping one for myself (it features a small mother or pearl button with a swirled design). The other one (my first attempt) features a larger button that is a pearly grey color. I am excited about these because I think that this is a great way to use pretty buttons that are just lying around in your drawer. That's one of the things I love about making things with my hands. So many things that would seem obsolete at first glance can become something truly lovely when you put your creativity with it. And most of the time, it is the simplest things that turn out the most beautiful. God always amazes me when He makes something beautiful out of the seemingly mundane events of my everyday life. (ie. seeing a gorgeous cardinal outside my window while I am unloading the dishwasher!) If you keep your eyes open, he will surprise and delight you with little things like that all day long! :)

Current crafts: Button rings, Crocheted baby blanket, Stamped bookmarks with yarn tassles

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin