Thursday, June 29, 2006

blessing others

I've made a lot of jewelry in the past two days. Yesterday, I made a really pretty necklace, bracelet, and earrings set for myself. I needed some striking jewelry to wear with a simple black dress next weekend for a wedding. I used aqua, light green, clear, frosted white, and pearl beads (all vintage and all round). The necklace is very long. I am going to wrap it around my neck three times for a choker effect. The bracelet is one strand and very simple. The earrings only have two light green beads each. I am so excited! I can't wait to wear them next weekend. I am excited about the wedding, too. My husband's cousin is getting married. It's going to be a lot of fun for my hubby and I. I love getting dressed up and having a date night! Maybe there will be some dancing, too! They are having a band at the reception.
I made four pairs of earrings today as gifts, too. Neat story - I had to return two borrowed books to two sweet ladies from my church. The books were LONG overdue - like years... so I made each lady a pair of earrings to thank her for her patience. One of the ladies called me this afternoon to thank me for the earrings and to let me know that today was her birthday! I thought that was so cool, and so like God! I just got the idea this morning to make those for her and drop that book off today. And today, of all days, was her birthday. She was so blessed by those little earrings...

Have a great Friday! I gotta go to bed!!!

Current crafts: Beaded necklace, bracelet, four pairs of earrings, cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin