Monday, June 19, 2006

be still


I am up to my ears in paint! We painted all weekend long, and the outside of the house is about 75% finished. We'll have to finish that next weekend. In the meantime, I am doing touch-up painting inside the house. I've been doing that all day today. My parents came over this morning and were a huge help. I am going to focus mainly on the trim this week - ie. windows, baseboards, doorframes, etc. Big job! Hopefully, I can finish that this week. Then, next week, I can concentrate on packing up, decluttering, and "staging". It's hard work selling a house!

Not much crafting going on these days. I managed to make a little pair of earrings for my mom today to match a necklace she has. They turned out really pretty and took about 10 minutes in all to make. I took apart an old bracelet I had and used some of the beads for her earrings.

My big question of the day is, "How do you find God in all the craziness of life?" It's hard when you are so busy with the "stuff of life" to take a moment and focus on the Lord. I am so thankful that He is here with me through it all.

When I just asked myself that question, I immediately thought of "Be still and know that I am God." ~ Psalms 46:10 ~ So, that's what I am going to do - just quiet myself and dwell on Him - the calm in my storm, the peace in my busyness. Maybe you could do that with me - I am sure He'll whisper something to you and to me that is meant just for that moment and just for us! Enjoy the stillness with your Savior!

Current crafts: painting, painting, painting, one pair of earrings

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on selling the house. It is a bit of a pain, but having it look tip top is a nice feeling too! Who knows, maybe you'll sell it to the first looker. Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin