Monday, May 29, 2006

too big

My toddler always says "too big" when anything isn't quite right. It's so cute! Well, today I have been saying "too big" to myself. I got the idea yesterday to crochet a baby blanket for a friend that is having a baby soon. It is going really well so far - so pretty, but I am supposed to have it done by tomorrow morning when I am meeting her. She is moving out of town this week. Why do I so often take on too much in too little time? "Too big..." I have a tendency to be too much of a perfectionist, and at the same time, too hard on myself. Lord, help me to accept myself as I am, as You've created me to be! Help me to not compare myself to others and be free to love myself, quirks and all.

Here is a picture of a scarf I made several months ago - the blanket is similar to this. You know, one of the great things about crochet is if you mess up, you can just pull the yarn and it unravels and you can start over. It's like our relationship with God. If you mess up, you can come to Him and He will wipe the slate clean. You can begin again, fresh and new. Nothing is "too big" with Him!

"But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. " ~I John 1:9

Current crafts: Crocheted baby blanket, beaded earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin