Wednesday, May 31, 2006

cross my heart


I met with a friend today that just recently got engaged. I made her a sweet necklace that has a cross charm and a heart charm hanging together in the center of the beads. I told her that those two charms together have a special meaning. The heart represents her love for her husband-to-be. The cross symbolizes her love for Jesus. God revealed to me as I was making this necklace for her this morning that any love we have for our spouses, or any other person for that matter, comes from Him. God is LOVE, and if we love someone, that love comes from God. It is pretty awesome, if you think about it. Everything good originates from Him. We are His vessels. When we love someone, it is actually Him loving that person through us. (Pretty deep, huh? It's late... :) ) I think that is pretty cool that God can use me like that! Anyway, back to the necklace. Another part of the symbolism is that the two charms are together. As wives, we must always remember that our love for our husband and our love for the Lord are connected. And more importantly, we must always keep Jesus as our first love. If we aren't taking the time that we need each day to be alone with God, how can we ever be filled up with His spirit enough to pour into our husbands and children; to be the wives and mothers we need to be? It is crucial to get filled up each day with the power, love and fruit of the Holy Spirit to accomplish what God has called us to do that day, even if all we have to do is change diapers and empty the dishwasher. And believe me, I feel like I need an anointing to do that second thing! haha... It's so comforting to me to know that God meets me everyday in the mundane tasks of my life. He is right there with me, filling me up with His love and acceptance. Isn't that awesome?

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." ~I John 4:7-8

Well, I probably won't be writing for a few days. We are going to the beach! Yeah! I can't wait to sit on the sand and listen to the waves crashing. Ahhh.....

Current crafts: Two beaded necklaces, Three beaded earrings, One beaded charm bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin